[Zbrafish] collecting blood from zebrafish

Marie Winandy via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by marie.winandy from gmail.com)
Wed Oct 30 09:09:46 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I tried recently to collect blood from adult zebrafish to measure some
coagulation parameters, but I failed to obtain more than 6 µl from a big,
old female. This was either with MS-222 or ice anesthesia. I collected the
blood with a 10µl tip, in the main dorsal blood vessel, after cutting the
tail of the anesthetized fish.

Could anyone advice me on how to obtain a larger blood volume (10 to 15 µL
would be fine)?

Thank you

Marie Winandy, PhD
Universite de Liege