[Zbrafish] Zebrafish stock/husbandry databases and barcode labels

gabefinch via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by gabefinch from gmail.com)
Fri Oct 25 15:30:00 EST 2013

Zebrafish Databases:
I know that many labs use Filemaker databases to track their stocks.
Is anyone using a browser based database? Or some other solution?
Is it something you made in house, or did you repurpose an online database?

Anyone successfully using a commercial mouse colony database (for zebrafish stocks) like mLims?

Label Printers/Labels:
Also on a related note, what sort of printers are being used for tank label printing? I'm interested in a barcode capable printer, I've used "Zebra" brand printers before. Anyone have success with something else?

Also the tank labels we were using stick well, but they can be hard to remove after 2 years. Anyone find the perfect label material that stays stuck but comes off when you want it to?

Your responses are appreciated! I'm sure many labs have come up with their own solutions and it would be great to hear about what works and what doesn't. Thanks.

-Gabe Finch
Oregon Health Science University
Portland, Oregon