[Zbrafish] RNA injection question

Burdine, Rebecca D. via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by rburdine from Princeton.EDU)
Tue Jan 15 13:11:04 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

We have routinely used the mMessage mMachine kits to make RNA for injections experiments, both for overexpression and for rescue.

We have never used the polyA tailing kit available from this company.  I am wondering if that is an oversight.

Does anyone have a feeling for whether or not we should be routinely using the polyA kit when generating RNA?  Has anyone done a comparison to see if it makes a big difference?  Do people pay attention to whether or not their rescue construct contain sequences for in vivo poly A addition?

Any  insight would be appreciated.

Becky

Rebecca D. Burdine, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Molecular Biology
Princeton University
Washington Road Mof 433
Princeton, NJ 08544

Phone: (609) 258-7515
Fax: (609) 258-6730
Email: rburdine from princeton.edu<mailto:rburdine from princeton.edu>
Admin Assistant: Anna Schmedel (609) 258-5028