[Zbrafish] how to stop zebrafish heart beat

Zhou, Weibin via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by weibinz from med.umich.edu)
Tue Aug 13 19:27:14 EST 2013

Hi,

We are experiencing difficulties in two-photon fluorescence imaging of live zebrafish embryos and larvae: although the skeletal muscle is relaxed by tricaine the heart is still beating and thus causes blurry images. So we would appreciate very much if someone could recommend a good way to stop fish heart during imaging (it would be ideal, if it is reversible so the fish could be revived after imaging).

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Weibin Zhou, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor
Division of Pediatric Nephrology
Department of Pediatrics and Commuinicable Diseases
University of Michigan Medical School

1150 W Medical Center Drive
8220E, Medical Science Research Building 3
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0640

Phone: +1(734)647-9429(office); +1(734)615-7896 (lab)
Fax: +1(734)615-1386
Email: weibinz from med.umich.edu<mailto:weibinz from med.umich.edu>