[Zbrafish] Construction noise

Arie Jacoby via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by a.jacoby from victorchang.edu.au)
Mon Feb 22 18:13:22 EST 2010

A building adjacent to our institute is about to be demolished, followed by
several months of excavation and construction activity. Our zebrafish
facility is one floor below ground level and so there is likely to be some
vibration and noise penetrating, although we obviously won't know how much
until it starts. Does anyone have experience of this sort of situation and
could comment on the effect on embryo production? Did you take any measures
to buffer the facility from vibration?

Many thanks,

Arie

Dr Arie Jacoby