[Zbrafish] Alkaline Phosphatase staining of endothelial cells

chubbyjayu via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by chubbyjayu from gmail.com)
Sun Nov 22 23:13:40 EST 2009

Hi there!
My lab has been trying to target the alkaline phosphatase staining for
the subintestinal basket. The protocol we follow is from Zebrafish:
Nusslein-Volhard and Dahm.My problem is that although the basket gets
stained, there's a lot of overstaining on the yolk, which does not
allow for proper imaging. I have tried adjusting the amount of NBT/
BCIP I add, but to no avail.
Could anyone tell me why the overstaining occurs, and how to prevent
it?
Thanks.