[Zbrafish] Trizol extraction - zebrafish embryos

Kim via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by gottalovelife from gmail.com)
Wed Nov 4 13:08:53 EST 2009

Has anyone encountered low 260/230 readings (<0.2) using the Trizol
RNA extraction.  We're getting okay yields and great purity using 5
embryos (24hpf-72hpf)/sample, but are having problems with what we
assume is contamination.

We have already tried a number of things: bought all our chemicals
new, repeat chloroform extraction 2 times, do EtOH cleaning step 3
times.  We homogenize manually with pestles.

Thanks for any advice.