[Zbrafish] Re: Feeding time(s) and light cycles for zf

Marie Winandy via zbrafish%40net.bio.net (by mwinandy from ulg.ac.be)
Wed Nov 19 03:22:22 EST 2008

Hi Peter and all,

We use a 14h light / 10h dark cycle, both for adults and fry (they are in the same room). The light turns on at 8.30 am and off at 10.30 pm.

We feed the fish 3 times a day (on working days) : dry food between 9 and 10 am, artemias at 2 pm and dry food again at 4 pm. The very young have also paramecias once a day (in the morning). In the week-end fishreceive artemias and dry food with an interval of 1 hour (dry food only once).

If you don't need the fish to breed, I think you can give them only dry food, once a day, it will be enough to maintain them. Artemias and more dry food are required if you need a lot of eggs.

Best regards,

M. Winandy

Université de Liège
GIGA B34 -  Zebrafish Platform
Avenue de l'Hôpital 1
B-4000 Liège - Sart Tilman
Belgique
Tél: +32.4.366.99.71  +32.4.366.33.38  +32.476.97.25.33
Fax: +32.4.366.41.98
email : mwinandy from ulg.ac.be or zebrafish.giga from ulg.ac.be
 http://www.giga.ulg.ac.be/extranet/services.htm