[Zbrafish] Help needed with morpholino injection

weibinz at umich.edu weibinz at umich.edu
Thu Sep 7 13:03:42 EST 2006

Hello:

I have a problem with morpholino injection into zebrafish yolk. if you  has
seen a similar problem, please share your experience.

My morpholino is tagged with fluorescein (green) and after injection into
yolk at 1-2 cell stage I saw in about half of the injected embryos a large
bright green dot in the yolk. it seems that the morpholino didn't diffuse
into cells. while in the other half of the embyros, the cells have green
fluorescence. I am wondering what caused this problem and how to solve it
to increase the diffusion of the morpholino oligo.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestion. Thank you very much.

Weibin