proteasome/luciferase

Alain Kohl akohl001 at udcf.gla.ac.uk
Thu May 18 13:14:11 EST 2000

Dear All,
does anybody know if proteasome inhibitors such as MG132 have an effect on
renilla or firefly luciferase? We are using those genes as reporters to
study virus/proteasome interaction and observe activity decrease even after
short incubations...it's a mistery to us right now, so if anybody knows
which secundary effect of MG132 might be responsible, let me know.
Thanks
Alain
Dr Alain Kohl
Division of Virology