Nipah

John Scott Meschke jmeschke at sph.unc.edu
Wed May 5 18:27:37 EST 1999

Hans Martin-
    Nipah has only just been recognized.  Currently Malaysia is in the
wake of the outbreak from which Nipah was isolated.  I suggest you check
the PROMED archives for information.  Most of the information up until
now has been through news reports, etc. So its scientific merit must be
viewed as such.  Also, the virus was previously described as Hendra-like
virus (the morbillavirus that crossed from race horses to their trainers
in Australia).  So you might find some information with a search for
Hendra.  I believe that the there was a EID article from late last year
(perhaps early this year) on Hendra.

Hope this helps

Scott Meschke