Hirt Extraction, DNA extraction from a virus?

Olav Hungnes olav.hungnes at labmed.uio.no
Wed May 5 18:27:50 EST 1999

I think this is the one:

TITLE:     Selective extraction of polyoma DNA from infected mouse
cell cultures.
AUTHORS:  Hirt B
SOURCE:  J Mol Biol 1967 Jun 14;26(2):365-9

It (somehow) worked for me - aeons ago..
I seem to remember that I found some adaptations of this protocol in
an eighties' HIV paper, don't remember which.

Olav

Olav Hungnes                                  olav.hungnes at labmed.uio.no
Natl.Inst.of Public Health, Dept.of Virology  olav.hungnes at embnet.uio.no
P.O.Box 4404 Torshov,                          phone: (+47)22 04 25 20
N-0403 OSLO, NORWAY                            FAX:   (+47)22 04 24 47