HHV-6 isolate/DNA

jane yeats jyeats at medmicro.uct.ac.za
Sun Mar 7 14:22:46 EST 1999

Our clinical/diagnostic laboratory is trying to set up a PCR for Human
Herpes Virus-6. So far we have not got any results with specimens from
patients believed to have HHV-6 infection. We really need a positive
control in the form of an HHV-6 isolate from cell culture or cloned
HHV-6 DNA (our PCR primers are in the major capsid protein gene).
If anyone can help, please contact me.
jane yeats