Reverse Transcriptase Assay for SNV

Coca-Cola ccla at mochaalmondfudge.com
Sun Mar 7 14:22:31 EST 1999

Hi,

     I am currently trying to quantitate reverse transcriptase activity in
supernatents of cells which produce SNV particles.  While I have obtained a
kit from Boerhinger Mannheim for the detection of RT activity, it fails to
work for SNV.  I am told that it may be due to SNV RT being a
Manganese-dependent enzyme opposed to a Magnesium-dependent enzyme.  While
this may be true, I would like to know if anyone has ever measured RT activity
of SNV.

 Thank for any help anyone might have.

Mark
mpandori at netway.com