Field of Virology

Philip Smith hasmit1 at ibm.net
Sun Oct 18 15:31:01 EST 1998

 Hello, I am currently in grade 12 and am planning on attending university
next year. I am very interested in the field of virology, as well as
microbiology and immunology. are all of these fields inter-related?  how
would I go about becoming a virologist or anything related, education wise
that is.  what would be the best route? i.e B.S, M.S, Phd...? is a  Phd
really that necessary? and what is the average salary without a Phd.. I
would really appreciate the help, thanks.  you can reach me at
hasmit1 at ibm.net