Chilo Iridescent virus info needed

Shakespearean epithet evilgrin at sover.net
Mon Apr 14 11:32:37 EST 1997

: Newsgroups: bionet.microbiology
: Subject: Chilo Iridovirus Info needed
:
: Hello everyone.
:
: I am an undergrad in the process of designing a research project
: investigating the replicative processes of Chilo IV while searching for
: places in which I can interfere with viral replication. Before I can get
: going on my project, I need to get some background information.
:
: First of all, does anyone know of a source of CIV? Is there a specific
cell
: line in use for tissue culture, and if so, how often do the cells need to
: be split? As far as the virus itself is concerned, what is required for
: storage? Will a regular freezer do or do I need to store it
cryogenically?
: Finally, which specific host organisms does CIV infect?  I can work quite
: easily with fish, mosquitos and crickets, but need to know if this will
: infect any species or if it is selective in its hosts.
:
: Any information or resources would be greatly appreciated since I would
: like to start research in June of this year.
:
: Thank you in advance,
:
: Katlinel Hidaka