Prcotocols for transduction of E.Coli cells with Bacteriophage and

jagdish_dassani at nt.com jagdish_dassani at nt.com
Mon Sep 30 10:30:57 EST 1996

I am a student looking for protocola involving the transduction of
E.Coli bacteria with an anti-biotic resistance genes using
bacteriophage. I have access to most any biological facilities
necesary. The project I am trying to accomplish involves the
comparison of the effectiveness of bacteriophage transduction vs. the
effectiveness of transduction using plasmids.I was going to test this
using ampicillin, streptomycing and other resistance genes. Any
suggestions on specific ways to test this effectiveness, on literature
on ways of comparism, which resistance genes I should use, specific
products I should use for, or anything at all would be Greatly
appreciated. I am exploring efficiency of different vectors.

Elanb