ebola virus/natural resevoir

Topherius topherius at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 01:29:09 EST 1996

I'm doing some research on the Ebola virus.  I need some specifics on
certain aspects of the outbreaks, mainly pertaining to the natural
resevoir; if anyone knows anything about the following questions, could
you please let me know?
   1)it's been speculated that the natural resevoir for Ebola is some type
of arthopod.  Information on insect populations in regions surrounding
Ebola outbreaks would be helpful.
   2)it's also thought that the intermidiate host may be some kind of
rodent.  Have there been any additions to this research?  Has the
possibility that the intermidiate hos is a bat been looked into?

If you have information of this type or know of someone who does, could
you please let me know?  Thanks...
Topherius