Congenital CMV

Joanne Murphy jomurphy at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 14 22:29:20 EST 1996

My son has congenital CMV.  He is now two years old.  He has Cerebral
Palsy along with a host of other problems.  I am trying to find out if
anyone has ever followed a group of CMV kids and studied them to
determine if there are any similar characteristics or to find some way
to help.  The only information I have been able to find deals with how
it is contracted and general statistics such as 70% will have
nerological disorders.

Since the brain damage usually results from calcifications around the
ventricals, it seems to me that someone would be interested in
researching this.  From what I have read it appears no one follows or
is concerned with these kids once they determine which catagory they
should be put in.  Can anyone help me find more information?

Thanks