Moderation needed.

Karen Porter porterk at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU
Tue Mar 12 14:31:32 EST 1996

Okay, okay-I apologize.  I am very sorry to those of you who interpreted
my message as a flame.  I honestly didn't intend it as a flame.  I am
willing to step back and admit that posting might have been premature.
My only intention was to get the discussion moving toward a decision. I
apologize for the cranky tone of my previous posting.  Perhaps a time
limit might be set for deciding whether to have a moderated group, a
filter, or carry on with no changes?  I was around when all the off-topic
postings were occurring, which is one reason I didn't want to see the
moderation discussion go on without end.

I have read the opinions of my
fellow scientists on moderation and feel that there has been quite a bit
of beneficial input.  It is not my desire to stifle my colleagues' views.

Again, I am sincerely sorry.

Karen Martin
Oregon State University
Molecular and Cellular Biology