Moderation needed.

Giovanni Maga maga at vetbio.unizh.ch
Tue Mar 12 07:57:41 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.960311094249.24568B-100000 at ava.bcc.orst.edu>,
porterk at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU (Karen Porter) wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that the quantity of postings about moderation
> being needed are beginning to rival that of the nonvirology postings which
> began the moderation discussion?

Not true at all (unless you weren't here when the real thing begun).
Moderation-related postings have been less than 20 from the time it
started.

> If there are people interested in being moderators please e-mail each
> other privately.  Let's stop talking about moderation and either do it or
> drop the subject and get back to virology.

How in the world could we know that anyone is interested in moderation, if
we do not communicate within the group? BTW, at least this is an argument
which is pertinent to the newsgroup itself, even if not to virology.
Moreover, I think no one would then accept to become a moderator without
knowing if that would be accepted by the subscribers, as well as, I think,
somebody could be not particularly pleased to discover one day that the
group was moderated upon decision taken by private e-mail. You should
better say if you are pro or against instead of flaming (which notoriously
doesn't gain anything but more flames).
G.Maga.