Moderation needed.

Robert Horton horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Thu Mar 7 18:19:56 EST 1996

BIOSCI Administrator (biohelp at net.bio.net) wrote:

: [...]  If someone wants to volunteer to moderate this newsgroup we
: can do the conversion fairly quickly.  Ideally the current discussion
: leader, Robert Coelen (robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au) should step
: forward to do this, but we haven't heard from him in some time.  I'm
: happy to take other volunteers if he doesn't respond.  I'll cc him on
: this message.

How about a simple filter to weed out any message that is cross-posted
to any other group? In other words, enforce a no-cross-posts rule.
We'll let all the regulars in on the secret, and the anti-cow's milk
and pro-polio types' messages will just never show up, since they are
almost invariably cross-posted from some group from Dimension X. And
they'll probably never know it, 'cuz most of them don't actually read
this group directly (I'm guessing). Anyway, it would prevent any of us
from having to give up our day jobs to become moderator...

-Bob

---
Robert M. Horton
http://134.84.47.3                                       Have a :) day

"Scotty, try flushing the radioactive waste into the ventilation system!"