EBV in mouse?

Danny Leung b574713 at mailserv.cuhk.hk
Fri Mar 8 04:07:06 EST 1996

Say if I transfect human CD21 (EBV receptor) to a mouse cell line, a B
cell line for example, and then infect the cells with EBV; the
question are: 1. Can the virus get into the mouse cells? 2. Can the
virus express its proteins and even replicate assuming it can get in?
3. If not, why not? What is missing? Please kindly give me the answers
if you have information about it. Thanks ever so much.