fever blisters

Jennifer Rebecca Criswell criswell at ocean.st.usm.edu
Thu Mar 7 10:58:38 EST 1996

I have a question about the Herpes Virus and fever blisters.  Is it true
that an arginine low diet can help to prevent these infections?  I
recently read an article that pointed to high arginine levels in some
foods, such as peanuts, as a major factor in the appearance of fever
blisters.  The article also says that if a persons diet includes enough
lysine to "offset" the high argigine, fever blisters will not appear.  Is
all of this true?  I would appreciate any information on this subject.
Thanks!