Moderation needed.

Marnix Bosch marnix at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 5 09:32:30 EST 1996

The way I see it the only reason moderation on this newsgroup is needed is
the high signal to noise ration. This means that all a moderator has to do
is weed out posts that don't fit the charter, in other words don't discuss
virology or virology related issues (some immunology comes to mind, as
well as cell biology, etc.). One doesn't need to be an expert in virology
to do this. Furthermore the moderator could take a (gentle) role in ending
ongoing debates that aren't going anywhere. Since I was one of the people
to raise this issue I should step up and volunteer, although I do have
questions similar to the ones that Giovanni raises.

Marnix

In article <maga-0503961434090001 at 130.60.120.18>, maga at vetbio.unizh.ch