Moderation needed.

BIOSCI Administrator biohelp at net.bio.net
Tue Mar 5 00:56:17 EST 1996

In article <maga-2702961540380001 at 130.60.120.18>,
Giovanni Maga <maga at vetbio.unizh.ch> wrote:
>In article <4guam9$72f at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, <Jonas.Blomberg at alinks.se> wrote:
>
>> Fellow virologists(?),
>>
>> The Bionet.Virology newsgroup has degenerated.
>> It is sad byproduct of affluence that necessity
>> is forgotten. Too many are preoccupied with the
>> unnecessary.
>> Although it is contrary to basic Internet values,
>> I advocate moderation of this newsgroup.
>>
>> Jonas
>
>This proposal has been raised several times before. As far as I
>understood, it is not practically feasable, unless we start a new group
>under another hierarchy.

Not so!!  If someone wants to volunteer to moderate this newsgroup we
can do the conversion fairly quickly.  Ideally the current discussion
leader, Robert Coelen (robert at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au) should step
forward to do this, but we haven't heard from him in some time.  I'm
happy to take other volunteers if he doesn't respond.  I'll cc him on
this message.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager