Budding Virologist

Bryan Kiehl b3748 at cts.com
Sun Mar 3 16:05:40 EST 1996

Dear Rick,

The first step is to start college and find out if you like biology or
chemistry. After college you can either work or continue school. There
are many good virology programs. Most epidemiology programs are in
publich health schools and there are fewer of these.

I suggest that you try to get a summer job in a lab. This is usually
quite hard and probably doesn't make too much difference in the end.
What it does do is allows you to decide if you like this type of job.
You might also visit your local public health deparment and ask more
about epidemiology.

Enjoy school and don't worry if you change your mind a few times in
the next few years. What you want to do is make sure you like the job
you pick.

mtbike15 at aol.com (MtBike15) wrote:

>   I am a high-school student seriously interested in a carrear in
>virology or epidemiology.   Are there any courses of study that I might
>pursue in the future that would better enable me to pursue this.   Also
>are there any books that would prove useful to me.   And I don't mean
>stuff like the hot zone.   Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly
>appreciated.  Thanks!!!!

>Rick Coelho
>MtBike15 at AOL.COM

Bryan Kiehl