New Viruses

James Howard phiskers at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 20 09:35:41 EST 1996

I have suggested to this group that testosterone increases vulnerability
to viruses and bacteria.  I know that black males produce significantly
more testosterone than white males (Journal of the National Cancer
Institute 1986; 76: 45).  I have been told by an investigator in
endocrinology that black women produce more testosterone than white
women, but the group will not publish this.  (I have tried a number of
different MEDLINE searches in various ways on racial differences in
testosterone in women without results.  I guess this is just too
polically incorrect.)  However, before you dismiss me and my work as
racist, I invite you to read the following quotaton from my article on
AIDS at http://www.naples.net/~nfn03605 on the web.  This is some
material from the CDC in 1995.  Take a close look at the findings in this
quotation; they support my hypothesis.  A specific citation, published
by the CDC, is also provided for support.
"November 24, 1995, the Associated Press reported the latest data
concerning HIV infection rates in people 27 to 39 years old in the U.S.
The A.P. article included the following: women are 'four times less
likely to be infected,' and the infection rates are 1 in 139 white males
vs. 1 in 1,667 in white females; 1 in 33 black men are infected, while 1
in 98 black women are infected.  The news release is based on the latest
data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Science 1995;
270: 1372)."
I suggest the "new viruses," including the HIV entered the human
population in Africa due to increased testosterone in the native
populations.  This is the same effect that causes the "unexpected finding
that under the same social conditions [in the U.S.], blacks are
apparently infected more by Mycobacterium tuberculosis than whites." (The
New England Journal of Medicine 1990; 322: 422)
James Howard