Any of you virologists read "Mary, Ferrie & the Monkey Virus'?

Charles joebuck at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 19 16:21:42 EST 1996

  Edward T. Haslam's book "Mary, Ferrie and the Monkey Virus: The Story
of an Underground Medical Laboratory" was published last year
(Wordsworth Communications, Albuquerque, NM).
  It deals with Mary Sherman, one of the nation's top researchers from
the 1950s until her violent death in 1964.
  The author claims there was a working relationship between Sherman
and one David Ferrie, who many (not me, however) in the JFK
assassination research comunity are convinced was involved in the late
President's murder. (You may recall the Ferrie character from Oliver
Stone's movie "JFK," which was played by actor Joe Pesci.)
  Apparently Ferrie -- who is frequently described as an aquaintance of
New-Orleans-born accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald (alleged photos of
the two together exist) did keep hundreds of mice in cages in his New
Orleans apartment, purportedly for "cancer research."
  Author Haslam tries to make the case -- I'm by no means convinced --
that Ferrie was working directly under top researcher Sherman in this.
  Do any of the trained virologists who frequent this newsgroup have
any comments about Haslam's controversial book?
--
"Put that coffee DOWN! Coffee's for CLOSERS only!"
"You drove a HYUNDAI to get here tonight ... I drove an $83,000 BMW . . .  THAT'S my name!"