ebola host

Chuck Cinque cinque at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 18 23:56:42 EST 1996

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996 08:00:08 -0700, tyr-2 at bones.biochem.ualberta.ca
(Karl Fischer) wrote:
>Careful with the generalization....just thinking of the number of new
>cases of malaria each year would tell us we still do not have full control
>BUT we are getting better.

I agree, we know how to control insect borne disease, by eliminating
the insect vector.  Another example is Yellow Fever, there are many
different vector species so total elimination is very difficult.  Also
the disease can be contained in feral hosts for many years, and only
surface in humans periodically, also a difficult situation.

I don't know if similar problems will exist if/when the host[s] for
filoviruses are identified.

Chuck Cinque
http://www.mindspring.com/~cinque/ebola.html