IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

Anyone willing to answer college course questons on virology.

Arioch sai at topaz.microbio.uab.edu
Tue Jul 2 17:34:12 EST 1996

hey there,
	ok...if you wanna go into antiviral agent research, then your part
time college course of study should be biochemistry or microbiology or
biology depending on what majors your school offers in the biological
sciences.  after that, you will have a good idea as to what the whole
field is all about and what research is all about.  you should, if
possible, try to see if you can do an undergraduate independant study
project/research with faculty who are doing this kinda work (i.e talk to
professors in the biology/biochemistry depts).. again, this
depends on how conducive your school is to your needs.  on hands research
should give you an idea as to what it is all about.  after that, for
further study and specialization, you'll need to get a masters/ph.d (what
a lot of people, myself included, who read this newsgroup are eternally
trapped in...:).  hope this helps....cheers...

Arioch (sai at topaz.microbio.uab.edu)
Graduate Student ( and Lord of Chaos...)
Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics...
Milieu of Entropy (a.k.a University of Alabama at Birmingham...)

On 28 Jun 1996, RHertig wrote:

> I am currently attending college part time while working as a mechanic.I
> would like an opinion on what would be my best course of study.I want to
> do antiviral agent research.The guidence counselers are not much help.
> They are not sure what type of education or degree would be required for
> this type of work.Any insight would be a great help thanks.Please e-mail
> me.
> rhertig at aol.com.

More information about the Virology mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net