Ebola followup NEW!

Hans Andersson hasse at panix.com
Wed Jan 31 09:26:57 EST 1996

In article <maga-3001960823440001 at 130.60.120.18>, maga at vetbio.unizh.ch
(Giovanni Maga) wrote:

> I want to stress that I DO NOT deny the possibility that Ebola could
> mutate in something more dangerous. This implies that the natural history
> of Ebola must be carefully followed and emergency of new strains must be
> immediately registered as for any other potential pathogen. I simply
> believe that also the opposite scenario is possible with almost the same
> probability.

I agree with your perspective on mutations, and that both scenarios are
"possible with almost the same probability".

> As far as for the relevance to be given to emerging deseases vs. current
> deseases as actual health dangers, as I already told you, I fully agree
> with the point of view of Ian York.
> My worthless thoughts of course.

No, not worthless at all. I seriously appreciate your participation in
this discussion.

But, regarding the relevance to be given to emerging diseases vs diseases
that have already emerged and the points of Ian York - Let's agree on that
we disagree on that one.

--Hans Andersson, NYC
hasse at panix.com