Denge fever in Arizona??

Narise Rust ntlor at primenet.com
Wed Jan 31 13:36:01 EST 1996

In article <4e8pts$p8a at pauling.wadsworth.org>, woodall at wadsworth.org (Jack
Woodall) wrote:

> In article <4dsirt$ao1$3 at mhafc.production.compuserve.com>, Sharyl-Druid
> <73654.3446 at CompuServe.COM> says:
> >
> >I have a friend who lives near Sells, Arizona and she told me
> >that there is an outbreak of Denge fever in the area.
>
> The Arizona State Health Dept says that the local media have not clearly
> explained the situation.  The dengue vector mosquito is present, but
> although there have been cases of travelers to Mexico coming back to the
> State with dengue, there is NO transmission in Arizona.  For more info
> look at http://www.healthnet.org/promed.html later today for the item
> "Dengue rumor false - Arizona, USA."
>
> Jack Woodall, ProMED List Moderator

          I live in Tucson and a freind of mine had called the health
dept. to find out about dengue fever, her house was filled with mosquitos
this summer and she and her daughters were repetedly sick. The health
department told her although  dengue vector mosquitos have been found here
no one has been discovered to have it. She asked if they would check her
mosquitos or if she could be tested and she was told over the phone she
didn't have it, and no they would not check her mosquitos.    No wonder no
cases have been found.  SMHR