RNA extraction

ahung at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV ahung at ASRR.ARSUSDA.GOV
Wed Jan 24 13:57:02 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues:

Pharmacia Biotech has a RNA extraction kit that does not use
phenol and the procedure can be completed in one hour.  However,
according to their data file, "this kit is not currently
recommended for isolating RNA from whole blood, or bacteria."
Since they have not tried this kit with virus, they do not
recommend it for virus either.  I am working on picornaviruses, I
would like to know if anyone has used this kit for viral RNA.

Thank you in advance for the information.

Akey C. F. Hung
Research Entomologist
USDA-Bee Research Laboratory

:) "Seven days without humor makes one weak." :)
:)                         -- Mort Walker --  :)

"What is the heaviest soup in the world?"

"Won-ton soup."