Help for project

Yves Konigshofer BG6S000 at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Sun Jan 21 23:00:31 EST 1996

In article <4do5gi$1ab at lantana.singnet.com.sg> CINDY <cinpang at singnet.com.sg> writes:
>is there any way to cultivate the virus and later use the
>various cure to see if the virus will be removed? Can I do
>it the same way of doing a bacteria culture on an agar plate??

Well, the virus can be grown in certain tissue cultures and in
chicken eggs.  Personally, I would not want to grow it for a high-school
project (and your classmates might not appreciate it either).

BTW: human influenza also infects ferrets (one way of finding out if
you managed to kill the virus or not)

>/ves /<onigshofer
Just another student in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology
at the University of McGill... waaay the h*ll up there in Canada

bg6s at musicb.mcgill.ca (I did not choose that name)
ykonig at po-box.mcgill.ca