Benevolent Virus?

m_sawyer at smcvax.smcvt.edu m_sawyer at smcvax.smcvt.edu
Mon Jan 15 16:36:18 EST 1996

Could someone please help me? Is there any such thing as a benevolent virus or a virus that invades the body and actually helps or contributes to bettering a certain system?  I've only ever heard of the nasty ones that do nothing but harmand was curious if any other kinds existed.
Thanks in advance
Mat

	I can't think of any animal viruses which have been proven to act
beneficially, except in the vaccination sense and these viruses have been
manipulated by man for their purposes.  On the other hand, in the world of
plant viruses, much of the flower and leaf varigation is the result of
viruses- at least one could argue that they bring some added beauty to
this world.  You'll have to speak to the tulips as to whether they feel
better as a consequence of infection.