Benevolent Virus?

Lee R. Martin LRM at zeus.ahabs.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 16 17:20:34 EST 1996

In article <4dehcj$a20 at intruder.smcvt.edu>, m_sawyer at smcvax.smcvt.edu wrote:

> Could someone please help me? Is there any such thing as a benevolent
virus or a virus that invades the body and actually helps or contributes
to bettering a certain system?  I've only ever heard of the nasty ones
that do nothing but harmand was curious if any other kinds existed.
> Thanks in advance
> Mat

Hmmm. Perhaps we could consider virus vectors (e.g. vaccinia, lambda,
adeno) as quasi-benevolent. Vaccines, too! Just a thought.

--
Lee R. Martin
LRM at zeus.ahabs.wisc.edu