Interesting newsgroup!

KnowItAll2 knowitall2 at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 07:29:09 EST 1996

Hi!
  I sent a message much like this before, but I don't know if it "went
through".

Anyway, I'm not a virologist, but I'm thinking of becoming one when I'm
older (I'm in high school now).    I'm fascinated by viruses, and I read
everything I can get my hands on about them (The Hot Zone, Ebola,
Outbreak...)   I would appreciate if any virologists out there could give
me a little info about how they got to where they are, etc.

Also, this may sound stupid, but I'm wondering...  In The Hot Zone,
Preston mentions that UV light degenerates viruses.  Why, then, isn't a
virus-infected person's blood exposed to UV light?   (I know my theory
must be wrong; I just don't know why)

Also, since baboons are immune to HIV, have scientists found why?

Thanks!

-=Angie