Retroviruses and viral vectors

Matthew Dubeck RRRP87C at prodigy.com
Thu Jan 4 22:33:12 EST 1996

I have two questions that I hope somebody can help me answer.

1.  Is there any way to remove reverse transcriptase from a retrovirus?
By this I mean a way which preserves the viability of the virus (i.e.
without destroying it).

2.  What is involved in the production of a viral vector?  If I have a
piece of DNA (or RNA in the case of retroviruses) how do I add it to the
genome of the virus?  What is standard technique?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Matthew Dubeck
RRRP87C at prodigy.com