EBV Information?

nswema05 at angis.su.OZ.AU nswema05 at angis.su.OZ.AU
Fri Feb 9 23:52:08 EST 1996

Brian Drum (drum at ix.netcom.com) wrote:

>I am looking for information on Epstein Barr virus and its long term
>complications. Can someone send me some information?

The number of conditions associated with EBV is increasing as
molecular techniques for detection of this virus are becoming more
sophisticated. In addition to the acute manifestation of infection,
infectious mononucleosis, the following chronic or long-term conditions
have been associated with EBV:

   Burkitt's lymphoma
   Nasopharyngeal carcinoma
   Hodgkin's disease
   Post-transplant B lymphoproliferative disorders
   Peripheral T cell lymphomas
   Gastric lymphoma

A number of other conditions, particularly neoplasms, have also been
associated with EBV infection, but evidence for an aetiological role
is less certain.

Adrian Philbey
Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute
Private Mail Bag 8
Camden  NSW  2570
Australia

philbea at agric.nsw.gov.au