What's next for All the Virology on the WWW?

David M. Sander dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Fri Aug 23 09:02:32 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Net Users,

Thanks for your support of "All the Virology on the WWW"!

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavweb.html

(If you aren't familiar with the site, or would like to add a URL to
my collection, please read "About All the Virology on the WWW" below.)

In the past I have asked this group to make suggestions about what
sort of resources should be added to my web site, to make it an even
greater resource to virologists, microbiologists, medical
professionals and the general public.  Many of these suggestions have
been incorporated into the site.  For example, my science jobs page:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavwebjobs.html

or the Big Picture Book of Viruses:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/Big_Virology/BVHomePage.html

Once again I'm requesting input.  I've listed several suggestion
below, and I would appreciate a quick e-mail from you with your vote
from this list, or another suggestion.

        Potential Suggestions for All the Virology on the WWW:

1. An expanded and enhanced series of pages for specific virus
families,
   allowing direct connections to images, research sites, disease
   information, etc.

2. A more complete series of on-line tutorials and courses, a virtual
   "On-Line Field's Virology".

3. A chat and discussion group capability, with a focus on virology.

4. General information about viruses for non-professionals

Thanks for your support!  As usual, I'm interested in hearing any
comments that you might have.

Best Wishes,

David M. Sander

-----

                  About All the Virology on the WWW:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavweb.html

This comprehensive page lists Servers for Science Jobs, Government
Agencies, Electronic Journals, Scientific Societies, Patent and Legal
Resources, Scientific Companies, Epidemiology and Public Health, and
other Health Related Sites in addition to General Virology, Specific
Viruses, Microbiology, AIDS, Emerging Viruses, and much, much more.

This site is maintained and updated often.  Any submissions, additions
or corrections that you might have would be very much appreciated, and
can be made using the following form:

        http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/garryfavwebadd.html

With your assistance, this Web Site will continue to be the best
resource of its kind on the Web.  For those of you who maintain your
own Web Pages, please send me your address if it doesn't already
appear on mine,  and I will gladly add it to the list.

-----

(Please note that netiquette forbids us from sending out information
releases to those individuals who do not wish to receive them.  Our
distribution list is small and hand selected.  All recipients of our
releases were gleaned after a visit to your Internet site or from a
request to be included.  On rare occasions we make a mistake and
inadvertently send out material which you may not wish to receive.
Please send us a nice note and we will remove you from our list
immediately).

/_/

David M. Sander                   E-Mail:
dmsander at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu Department of Microbiology and
Immunology, SL38 Tulane University Medical School
Phone:(504) 586-3818 (lab) 1430 Tulane Avenue
                588-5150 (dept) New Orleans, LA 70112-2699
         Fax:  (504) 588-5144 (dept)

WWW Homepage Address:
http://www.tulane.edu/~dmsander/GarryHomePage.html All the Virology: