Alien Viruses

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu
Thu Oct 26 20:40:15 EST 1995

On 26 Oct 1995, Kardo6 wrote:

>   I have heard that viruses can live for thousands of years without dying
> because when not attacking living cells, they do not metabolize. If this
> is true is it concievable that viruses could survive the vacuum and vast
> distances of space and travel between planets, could some of the viruses
> of earth in fact be aliens.

Sure. The family rocketviridiae is belived to belong to the Alpha Centauri
solar system. The capside looks like a spacial rocket form some old
Flash Gordon comic. They have a propulsion system wich alows them to
cross million or year-light of distance. Moreover, the genetic material
of those viruses is some kind of silica-mercury compound, very common in
Alpha Centauri ecosystems.

The rocketviridae are spreading around the planet Earth. Authorities are
trying to cover the issue, but very often the World Weekely News reports
an outbreak. We aware of them.