Westerns on uninfected H9 cells

Mr. Goodbar glenalan at mars.superlink.net
Thu Oct 26 17:15:39 EST 1995

Todd Miller - Pharmacology wrote:

> Looking over the pamphlet that comes with the Cambridge
> Biotech Corp's Western blot kit for HIV detection, I
> noticed there was no control strip with extracts from
> uninfected H9 cells (the cells they claim they use to
> propagate HIV for preparation of the "infected" strips).

Todd,

	H9 strips used to be used years ago, but with the specificity and sensitivity of
the current assay they are all but useless.  My company distributes CBC product.  Nice assay.

Glen Pannicke

--

pub   768/CA963CBD 1995/03/25 Glen A. Pannicke <glenalan at mars.superlink.net>
Key fingerprint =  6A 8E CF 4D D0 E3 61 DD  46 70 02 12 13 F9 12 B7