Dishwasher "sterilization."

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Wed Oct 25 14:34:27 EST 1995

	I doubt that a most dishwashers can be absolutely relied upon to
sterilize.  However, depending on water temperature (the higher the better)
and adequate (?) detergent concentrations, and glass and tableware which is
partially scrubbed to remove thick, ugly, insoluble food deposits, I think
it would be foolish to add bleach, etc.  My sense is that you won't catch
disease from such cleansed items, especially considering how easy food
itself gets contaminated.  Also, what will all that bleach, etc. do to
the dishwasher's contents?