Acyclovir-resistance in HSV

D.A. Shivak g9526403 at mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA
Sat Oct 21 13:02:43 EST 1995

In article <01HWNZ5GFI4I00J5FB at vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu>,
Bob Lansman <lansman at VAXA.CIS.UWOSH.EDU> wrote:
>        Does anyone have any information on the structural basis of
>acyclovir resistance in HSV?   References to recent published work would be
>very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Try Coen, D. (1994)  Acyclovir-resistant, pathogenic herpesviruses.
Trends In Genetics. 2(12):481-485.  I happened to have the review in
front of me.

However, having aided and abetted, what is the best way to communicate to
people that learning to use Biosci, Medline, or GSI (surely one is
available at most universities) is much preferable to endless newsgroup
queries?  Asking others to do simple literature searches for oneself is
somewhat lazy, most notably when originating from an .edu site.
Scientific database services may be somewhat daunting at
first, but knowing how to use them will be forever useful to you.

Dave Shivak