CMV from stools

Richard Drummond gip204 at freenet.mb.ca
Sun Oct 1 19:22:42 EST 1995

On Sat, 30 Sep 1995 juice at limestone.kosone.com wrote:

> Can CMV be easily isolated from compromised patients from a stool
> sample? If soo what method would be best suited  shell vial or
> conventional culture.
>
> Alan Joyce       RT

	In our lab we have cultured CMV from rectal swabs and a on
a occasional stool sample from immuno-compromised patients.We simply
do regular culture  ( MRC-5,Huff ) not shell vial because of potential
problems with toxicity.

	Richard Drummond B.Sc. ,R.T. (Virology)
	Cadham Provincial Lab.
	Winnipeg,Manitoba