hanta virus

BKeeler99 bkeeler99 at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 01:21:05 EST 1995

I am from Gallup, NM which is basically on the Navajo Reservation, and was
also one of the locations of last year's Hanta outbreaks.  I seem to feel
fine as does all of my family.  My families buisness requires a great deal
of contact with people living on the Navajo, Zuni, and Hopi reservations,
and no one in my family ever contracted the virus.  While this virus is
indeed a serious matter, I think that unless direct contact with a deer
mouse (which was the proposed vector in my area) is made, for all
practical purposes, you and your family should be safe.  I am no expert of
course, but I think that when I saw families of tourists wearing surgical
masks whenever they stepped out of their car, they were probably a bit too
extreme.

Thanks for your time,
BKeeler99