Protection from viruses re enclosed space?

Kathleen Richards kilty at netcom.com
Fri Mar 31 04:41:25 EST 1995

I have agreed to help a friend clean up a "fixer-upper" house
in the San Bernardino area of California.  The house has been
closed up for over a year (about 14 months) and the roof has
leaked some, so there is some carpet mold, etc.  However, what
is really worrying me (warning, this is gross!) is the discovery
of two long dead cats (all we can figure is they got in and could
not get out - they are desiccated(sp??)) and some mouse droppings in
cupboards.  There have also been some cats and/or dogs urinating and
defecating in the house some time in the past.  All of these um,
items are dried.  We will be cleaning out the house, pulling up
all carpeting, cleaning all surfaces, *sanding* and painting.

I'd like to manage this project as safely as possible.  Does anyone
have any suggestions/concerns we should go over?  We are scheduled
to start work next week sometime.

Thank you in advance!

--
----
kathleen richards   email: kilty at netcom.com

   ~Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!~
                                                  -dire straits