Ebola: the movie

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Wed Mar 29 05:21:11 EST 1995

> I can see it now. Scientists sweeping around in their wheeled lab bench
> chairs hitting the waste basket with an ejected pipette tip from across
> the room. We could start an ad campaign or a new movie entitled
> "Scientists In The Hood".....
>
> Brick.

You mean your people don't do that already?  Mine do...and discuss
politics loudly, and debate the relative merits of the Rolling Stones
and Jimi Hendrix and that more modern rubbish, and have competitions
involving putting out a candle with a spoon dangling from a string
tied to the back of the belt...(not my students, those - from the
floor below).  Oh, and making mobiles  out of dried stained
acrylamide gels, Eppendorf vials, pipette tips and toothpicks.  And
modelling phages on African cultural weapons...the possibilities are
endless - and scientists / virologists is people too!

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

   "And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
      From the profit he's made on your dreams..."