Looking for Ebola references

Hank hanko at superdec.uni.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 27 16:10:06 EST 1995

Hi, my name's Hannah Koenker, I'm a senior at University High School in
Urbana IL, and I'm doing a biology paper on Ebola.  I just read the Hot
Zone, but I'm having a little trouble finding magazine articles that
relate to the way Ebola kills cells (the paper is on the cellular
aspects of whatever disease we choose).  All the Science articles are
just griping about the fact that the monkey supply for research is
limited, and that the Reston strain doesn't kill humans so why bother
being safe.  Pretty silly if you ask me.
	Anyway, I'm hoping that I can get some pointers to sources on
the structure and function of the virus on a cellular and sub-cellular
level, as well as the effects that the virus has on different bodily
systems.  My teacher says I should also be interested in the ways the
virus is passed from host to host (i.e., what aspects of its structure
protect it from dying in air, etc).

Thanks a lot!
Hannah Koenker
hanko at uni.uiuc.edu